Making a change to your studies

The following information has been compiled to assist you whether you are making a change to your course or institution due to your results or because of other reasons.

If you have not yet completed your current studies and are thinking about changing your course or institution, we strongly recommend that you discuss your thoughts about this in some detail with your Campus Advice Zones before making your final decision. You may also discuss your situation with staff in Student Services and/or your personal/progress tutor or your scheme/award tutor.

As an international student it is important that you are fully aware of the implications of making such a change. Importantly, you may no longer be able to switch courses without going home to make a fresh Tier 4 visa application. We have put together a flow chart which will help you to assess whether you will be able to transfer to another course under Tier 4 and you will find it here

Remember: any transfer will also need to be approved academically.

In order to be fully informed about any implications to making a change to your study, you should ensure that you make an appointment to see an adviser in H027 as soon as possible.

If you are exited or discontinued from your course, you need to contact the Immigration and International Student Advice team immediatly for advice on your current situation.

If you do decide to withdraw, suspend or transfer from your course, you will need to see the information on our Change of Circumstances page as you will need to notify the Home Office that you will no longer be studying on your course.