Police Registration

If you come from one of the following countries then you will have been notified, in writing, that you you must register with the police within 7 days of arriving in the UK.

Afghanistan Iran Peru
Algeria Iraq Qatar
Argentina Israel Russia
Armenia Jordan Saudi Arabia
Azerbaijan Kazakhstan Sudan
Bahrain Kirigizstan Syria
Belarus Kuwait Tajikistan
Bolivia Lebanon Tunisia
Brazil Libya Turkey
China Moldova Turkmenistan
Colombia Morocco United Arab Emirates
Cuba North Korea Ukraine
Egypt Oman Uzbekistan
Georgia Palestine Yemen

Students living in Treforest, Cardiff and surrounding areas – you will need to visit Cardiff Central Police Station at King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3NN ( registration is only available on Wednesday and Thursday between 8.30am and 1.30pm).

For students living in the Newport and surrounding areas (this includes Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen, Newport and Monmouthshire) – you must complete your Police Registration at Police Headquarters in Cwmbran at the Foreign Nationals Registration Office, Gwent Police Headquarters, Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran, NP44 2XJ. To book an appointment, please call Gwent Police direct on 01633 642268 or email fnro@gwent.pnn.police.uk.

For students registering at the Gwent Police Headquarters only, please download, read and complete the following document before you attend your appointment – Police Registration Questionnaire

When you attend for Police Registration, please make sure that you have all of the following with you, otherwise you will not be able to register:

  • 2 UK passport-sized photographs
  • your original passport and visa plus photo copies of each
  • your offer letter from the University
  • £34 registration fee which must be paid in cash – please have the correct money available
  • completed questionnaire which can be obtained from IISA in H27 during drop in hours

You must also report to the Police within 7 days any of the following changes:

  • change of address
  • change of University
  • change of marital status or birth of children
  • extension of stay granted by the UK Border Agency
  • change of passport
  • temporary absence of 8 weeks or more from registered address.

If you need to update your Police Registration Certificate with any of the changes, contact us and we will advise you on what to do next.

Registering with the police is an important procedure, and if you are in any doubt about what you need to do, you should contact us.

If you hold a Police Registration Certificate, you need to notify the police when you leave the UK for the last time. If you contact us with your name, nationality, date of birth and the date and place that you are leaving from, we shall notify them for you.